Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

My favorite part of the day:


-My favorite part of the day was math. We made paper pumpkins outside. (1st grade, 2nd grade was pumpkin subtraction with subtraction strategies.)


(I don't know if you can tell, but these two are deep in a discussion about today's starter activity.)





-Writer's Workshop...scary stories
-My favorite part of the day was blogging.
-My favorite part of the day was drawing for Teacher.


(I decided to teach like a ninja today. This picture perfectly captures my outfit today, right down to the chopsticks in my hair!)


-My favorite part of the day was when we did our table group posters.
-My favorite part of the day was read aloud.
-My favorite part of the day was reading to self.
-My favorite part of the day was watching the bats fly on the pretend rock.
-I like when we change everything (new class arrangement).
-I like my new table group.

P.S. A new month is upon us. Time to change the calendar. We rearranged the room a bit, got new table groups, reviewed life in Room 9 and now we are ready to go. I'm so looking forward to November. It's my favorite because everyone is used to school. They are excited about learning, have good friendships in place, and the learning really takes off. We are having a blast in math. Reading groups are up and running smoothly. Volunteers are working with students during reading. SMART is underway. We are a well oiled machine these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment