Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Equilibrium...and a bit of a pest problem

I'm lost...yesterday I was happily teaching away on the carpet with my reading group gathered around me.  My favorite way to go.  I felt something crawling on my hand.  Well needless to say ALL my carpets are gone now since we couldn't be sure where they were.  

I'm having a hard time functioning.  The carpet was the focal point of my teaching, our gathering spot, the place we all meet to chat and share.  Well that's gone now.  It's a gray day for us.  We are all trying to figure out where to go when done with a Daily 5 round, or where to go when we want to work in a quiet spot on a carpet.  

We will adjust.  We always do, and it is giving everyone a chance to practice working together in table groups.  Oh, well.  Apparently next year, with the remodeled building, there will be installed industrial-strength carpet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment