Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Building Great Characters

Ever since I watched Marcell The Shell With Shoes On by Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer-Camp I have been trying to find a way to show this video in class with an educational purpose.  Yesterday I was doing my monthly Powells bookstore child's department drool fest when I came upon this...



...that's right, it's now a picture book!!!!!!
We read it this morning to much acclaim and giggling.  This will serve as an example of a great character.  Marcell views life much differently than the rest of us.  It fascinating to think of all the possibilities.  Life as a shell, what would it be like?  What other characters could we create, large or small?  I am sure there will be many fun characters to read about in our writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment