Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A trip to the Future

Hi Friends,
I thought I would get these up on Friday but who was I kidding?  With slide.com going under, trying to find a new way to share photos, a Thanksgiving food coma and wanting to spend as much time as possible with my family this post was doomed to a Sunday night.  Here are some of my photos from the L.A. Auto Show.  This is slowly becoming a family tradition for those of us who can get to Pasadena by Wednesday. My Grandpa and Dad love cars.  I wouldn't say I'm in the same boat but I enjoy seeing what's out there.

I hope this slideshow works for all of you.


We all had a blast.  It's really cool to see where car designers plan to go in the "future".  Everyone had an electric car.  It looks like designing your own car will be a popular feature from many companies soon too.  Designs are ranging from old boxy looks to new futuristic aerodynamic vehicles.  There were PHD students with their thesis projects on display.  They spent most of the day drawing cars, so mad I didn't get pictures.  One highlight was the Mario Cart cars.  I thought of you all when I saw those.  Kris was very excited to check out the Porsche section.  I loved the big trucks because I think they are silly.  I will never need a big truck...but someone else might!

The whole family was up late around the dinner table Wednesday evening talking about all that we saw.  My grandfather is always asking us to think about our experiences so the conversation went on and on, sound familiar?  Where do you think I got it?  See you all tomorrow.  Hope you are rested and excited to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment